We are a user- led charitable society with an aim of supporting change in the lives of people and communities affected by substance misuse and other difficulties. We work to achieve this aim by working with both service users and providers. We offer training, facilitation, co-production development and consultancy.Read more
We are an accredited learning provider and deliver
• An annual Diploma in Health and Social Care level 3, with a focus on working with multiple disadvantage and reflective practice, accreditation for this is through our partner Bock consultancy
• A 15 session extended group facilitation skills course
• A range of shorter courses accredited through London Open College Network for people engaged in user Involvement and Co-production work
• Staff training to a range of providers supporting improvement in service delivery including Motivational Interviewing
• Psychology and health training to women in the justice system with Minerva across London
We are currently funded to support the development of co-production by the following commissioners
• Patient involvement in healthcare, including the move to smokefree, in London prisons and secure establishments by NHSE London Health in Justice Team
• Co-production and procurement delivery by London Borough of Haringey
• Developing independence by Islington Clients of Drug and Alcohol Services (ICDAS)
We also provide resources for a co-produced creative development group - FREESPACE
Inspirit is itself a service user-led organisation and delivers training, coordination of representation and offers expertise & consultancy in all aspects and levels of Service User Involvement.
We can offer a complete programme and package for embedding sustainable and meaningful Service User Involvement based on strategies that we know through experience will work.
Inspirit currently coordinate S.U. involvement in substance misuse services for the London Borough of Islington and are contracted by NHS England to implement their strategy for patient involvement across healthcare in the Justice System.